On the 11th Day of Brunchmas, my true love fed me finger foods… and I am not mad about it. No matter how much preparation you do, the entree never is ready in time. Maybe you all have better luck than me! Just in case, I highly recommend these easy, delicious bacon wrapped dates your guests can dive into while you finish the main course.
These brunch appetizers are the perfect blend of sweet and savory. Also, it only takes TWO ingredients. The Food Network version actually calls for salted roasted almonds, but I loved the dates without nuts.
Hot Tip: Wrap the date in bacon, then use kitchen scissors for easy cutting!
What You Need
- 1 lb of bacon (I used thick cut, but any kind will work!)
- 20 pitted dates (Honestly, buy a bag and wrap as many in bacon as you can.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wrap each date in 1/3 cut of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Evenly place the bacon wrapped dates on a baking sheet.
- Throw the dates in the oven. After 15 minutes, flip the dates to cook them evenly. Cook them for another 10 minutes.
Check out the most recent blogs
- The Best Outdoor Brunch Restaurants in Pittsburgh
- Where to Book Easter Brunch Reservations or Order Takeout: Pittsburgh 2021
- How to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in 2021: Pittsburgh Restaurants and At-Home Recipes
- How to Plan the Most Romantic Brunch Date at Home
- The PGH Guide to Galentine’s/Valentine’s Brunch