On the first day of brunchmas, my true love gave to me a delicious bagel recipe! The Christmas season is in full swing, and in my eyes, it starts with brunch. It is DAY 1 of my 12 Days of Brunchmas, and I could not be more excited to start the festivities with this bagel sandwich originally created by This Savory Vegan.
I made this with some minor tweaks the other night. I’m not vegan, so I used my go to plain Philadelphia cream cheese, lots of butter, and I added some sunny side up eggs.
Hot tip: Instead of toasting the bagel in a toaster, toast in a pan with butter. Make sure to butter and toast both sides! It’ll take 5-10 minutes, but it’s worth it.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 generously
What You’ll Need
- 2 everything bagels sliced in half and toasted
- 1 oz plain cream cheese (or jazz it up with flavors)
- 1 large tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocados sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4-1/2 cup thinly sliced parmesan
- micro greens to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread 1 tbsp of cream cheese on the bottom half of your toasted bagel
- Make your eggs however you like; I prefer Sunny Side Up.
- Once your eggs are cooked, add them to the bagel and pile on your toppings.
- Top each bottom slice with arugula, micro greens, tomato, red onion, avocado, radishes, and 3-5 slices of cheese. (I used parmesan, but make it your own!)
- Place the top slices and serve it while it’s hot.