Why not make all the fall cocktails for brunch! If you happen to follow me on Instagram, you know that I was irrationally devastated by the fact that my favorite seasonal restaurants, Oglebay Garden Bistro in Wheeling, WV, was no longer serving my favorite fall mimosa. The news broke me. Immediately, I was in shock. Following that, my brain questioned everything. How? Has it been that long since I’ve tasted the sweet goodness? Will I never try the delectable juice of the heavens again? Okay, not really. But, I was really disappointed.
I took to Pinterest as one does, and found several Apple Cider Mimosas and Caramel Apple Cider Mimosas to try. Most of the recipes mention adding brown sugar to the rim, but friends, if you truly want to impress everyone, go the extra mile. The key for these mimosas to be the absolute best is adding the caramel, brown sugar rim.
Out of the hundreds of recipes on Pinterest/Google, I absolutely loved this gorgeous and easy recipe on Delish’s Youtube channel.
The splash of Caramel Vodka along with the caramel cinnamon sugar rim are exactly what you need for fall.
You can also do without the vodka. It’s really easy and your friends will love it! Pair it with this Easy Sweet Potato Hash!
Estimated time: 5 minutes
- Prep time 3 minutes
- Mix time less than 2 minutes
What you’ll need
- 1:1 ratio of cinnamon and sugar
- 1/4 cup of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Bottle of champagne
- Pint of apple cider
- Champagne flutes
- 4 oz caramel dip
- Prep your plates for the rimming. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl, then set it to the side. In another small bowl, add the caramel dip.
- Rim the champagne flutes. First dip the flute into the caramel. Next dip it into the cinnamon sugar.
- Following the rim, pop that champagne!
- Add a 1/2 to 3/4 of the glass with champagne. Then add a splash of apple cider. Really, the ratio is up to you.